DevOps is a way of collaborating between development teams and production operators. It reduces frustration between these groups by enabling common standards, unloading repetitive and tedious tasks to automation and accelerating the time-to-production in a more stable way.
- Automate the release to production in a quick, reliable and repeatable way
- Standardize codes and infrastructures in order to facilite communication between teams and team members
- Increase quality by testing applications and infrastructures before production
- Software architects
- Software agile teams
- Basic knowledge of programmation
- Basic knowledge of system/network administration
Special features of this formation
- Everything opensource: every tool we use is opensource. So it’s easier to replicate what you learn directly into your own project
- Quick theory-practice cycle: each theoretical point is linked to a practical exercise. You learn faster when you put directly into practice what has just been taught
The formation itself
Why DevOps ?
Definition of the problematic. The story of DevOps and the problems it tries to solve
- The war between developers and production operators
- The Agile methodology but in practice (User stories and tests)
Modelize your dev !
How to correctly setup a dev environment to increase dev-prod parity and not have to redo the work again
- Vagrant and Virtualbox to manage repeatable servers setups on your own computer
- Docker and other containers tools to manage your apps inside these servers
Manage your code !
Basics of git to learn how to manage a codebase efficiently without getting lost in it
- Git clone, pull/push, branch, merge and some git flows
- Discovery of Gitlab
- Discovery of Gitea
Everything artifacts !
The way of correctly packaging your code and infrastructure for a reliable and secure production
- How to build an app with Docker
- How to create an Ansible playbook to deploy your app
Automate everything !
How to automate your tests, packaging and even your deploy to production
- The principles of CI
- Create a CI with Jenkins
- Create a CI with Gitlab
Test everything !
Basics on how to write tests for infrastructure to find bugs before reaching production
- Integration tests with Bats and Cucumber
- Compliance tests with Inspec
- A glimpse of DevSecOps
Deploy it !
How to correctly automate a deploy to avoid breaking production
- SemVer syntax to find your deploy history quickly
- Blue/Green, Canary, rolling deploy
- Basics of backups
Monitor it !
How to see what happens in production
- Monitor with Prometheus
- Log with EFK
Contact us via email or through social networks displayed below !